Thursday, October 14, 2010

High Five for Sleep!


Books were read, teeth were brushed and I laid Evy down in her crib. I covered her up with one blanket and she used another as a pillow. Elmo was by her side and I patted her back. This is the normal night time routine. I said, "Goodnight, Evy. Love you" and walked towards the door. Then, I heard a little voice say "High five, mom" and when I looked back in the crib there was a little arm sticking up out of the blanket with fingers spread wide. I high-fived her and off to sleep she went. Maybe we've added another step to our routine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know all these little tidbits when we take care of her tomorrow night!! :)

Grammy and Papa

Dawn said...

Too cute!!

kirsch said...

Thats about the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Gma Joan said...

So sweet!! Yes, we grandparents need to know all of these important steps to the bedtime ritual!!

Amy said...

OMG that is the cutest story!