Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun at Grandma's and Grandpa's






















Evy and I spent Thursday through Sunday at my parents. I'm not sure who is more tired from the trip. Evy, or my poor parents who spent the entire 4 days chasing after a wild toddler, playing hide and seek 1.5 million times and getting up with Evy 3 of the mornings so I could sleep in. We went swimming both in the backyard and at the real pool, helped grandma pick up sticks and throw them in the creek, looked for frogs, went on lots of walks, went out to eat with great-grandma Maxine, visited great-grandma Elouise's cat, and ate Grandpa's famous bunny pancakes. Evy also had some quality relaxation time--watching Alice in Wonderland with Elmo. Ms. Nancy, Grandma's neighbor, gave Evy a singing Elmo. Evy loved it and I think Ms. Nancy was also pretty thrilled to rid herself of an annoying toy.

6 comments:

Gma Joan said...

We loved having you! Come back soon!

Ms. Mayhem said...

sounds like perfection. My kids returned from Nonna & Grandpa Doug's house exhausted. They love every minute.

Amy said...

You are lucky to have granparents so close to you to have those great weekends. It's going to be hard on my mom and dad being so far away from their one and only grandkid! =(

Laurie said...

Grandparents are the BEST!

Meghan Rogers said...

Hi Emily! Just found your blog thru Abby! Evy is so beautiful....just like her momma!

Caleb said...

That bunny pancake is missing his tail, and I remember them looking a lot better than that? Gpa must be rusty!