
Last month I had to travel out of town, overnight, for work. So, Grandma J. watched Evy for a few hours to cover our gap in child care. We put the carseat that is normally in my car in Grandma's car so she could run some errands with Evy. When I went to pick Evy up from daycare the next day...WHOOPS! No carseat. It was still sitting in the garage waiting to be put back in my car. Crap. I panicked for about 1 minute and then decided to strap Evy in the backseat. Please tell me someone else has done this before...

7 comments:
I bet you drove home S-L-O-W-L-Y :)
I haven't but I would have probably done the same thing since you didn't have to drive very far... as long as no one was looking;) Todd's grandma told us last week that they let Todd's cousin's 10 month old take a nap on the floor of the car on the way home from Nebraska... because he needed to get out of his carseat for awhile... I about died! Grandma isn't taking care of our kids!!
Didn't know this story until now!?!? I have purchased a car seat so hopefully, this won't happen in the future. When I was a child, I would fight with my brothers and sister to see who got to ride laying in the back window of the car when traveling!!
I've had to do this a couple of times with Jack, making him surrender his booster for Sam or Kate. But, I will also admit to turning my baby-seats around before the kids turn a year--usually around 10 months because if you know us, you know our kids reach the weight requirements by 6 months.
We've done it while driving in our neighborhood to avoid putting a carseat into my husbands work truck but never again cause now she thinks she doesn't need a carseat whenever she rides in daddy's truck. We also turned Abigail around to forward facing at like 10 months since she was way over the weight requirements.
Thanks for this post --- I won't feel as bad if I ever have to do this! Are we really stuck with these darn carseats for what feels like eternity?
Yep. Same situation. Carseat was in the garage. We also do this frequently down on the farm. :) B
Post a Comment