Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Splurge!






Scott had a last minute meeting in Des Moines yesterday so the girls and I decided to tag along and go to the mall while he was in meetings. We spent most of our time at the play area but had to walk past Baby Gap on the way to the foodcourt and I got sucked in! The majority of Evy's clothes come from Target with an occasional splurge at Old Navy. I rarely buy anything at Gap because I can't justify spending that amount on clothes that she will wear for three months. However, it took one look at the adorable pink jeans to change my mind!!! Evy is into accesories so she also got a pink belt. We tried on some adorable pink shoes but they didn't fit her and that ended up being a blessing. Evy is a seriously fun shopper and that gets me into trouble too!! It was Gap card Tuesday so I got 10% off and had a $10 reward certificate to use but the outfit was still stupidly expensive. You'll be seeing Evy in this outfit frequently this spring!

5 comments:

kirsch said...

And don't forget they can be handed down to Charlie. That's how you justify it!

Makenzie said...

it's adorable!! well worth it!!

when buying take-home outfits we stopped in gymboree. we found cute little jeans and a sweater for out boy. my eyes bulged out when i got to the cash register (rookie mom mistake to not look at price tags!) for one sweater, jeans, and socks we spent over $70. WTF?!?! (i know why my friends with kids don't shop there!)

I think that was when we knew it was a boy- hopefully the last time we spend that much on an outfit for Zach!

Morgan said...

Emily- You need to start shopping old navy online. Always on sale and over $50 gets you free shipping. Most of Jacob's current clothes are from there, and I never spend more than $4 on an item. Oh, and they aren't ugly clothes either! Give it a shot. I dare ya!
By the way, if you can't find 50 bucks worth of clothes for the girls, you might just have to throw something in for yourself to reach the free shipping goal!

Anonymous said...

Morgan.....please don't encourage her habit!!!

writermom said...

Cute, cute :) Also: Hi, Scott!