Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Pretty Dress Monster


We have created a monster and it wears "pretty dresses." Evy's normal uniform is $4 leggings and $4 shirts from Target. This spring I bought her a couple of dresses and she fell in love! She twirls around, grabs the side of the dress and smiles. She repeats "Piddy Dess" about 2.3 million times. It's starting to get out of hand because now she throws a fit if she can't wear her "Piddy Dess". Last night she didn't want to take a bath because that meant the "Piddy Dess" had to be removed. This morning I got her out of her crib and her first words were "Piddy Dess?" I ended up putting the damn thing on over her pajamas to get her to calm down. I've resorted to hiding the "Piddy Dess." I can't say that I'm surprised that my daughter is this obsessed with fashion. It's probably considered pay-back.

4 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Jack once wore snow boots to bed.

Jenn said...

My mom had to take off my Hawkeye cheerleading outfit while I was sleeping, wash it, and then put it back on me before I woke up when I was little.

Anonymous said...

Good luck...this is just the beginning!! >^..^<

Dawn said...

Too cute! You need to hit Carters outlet, tons of cheap, cute dresses. Old Navy too. Happy shopping! :)