Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Babysitter


Elisabeth Shue is 46 today? Really? I will always think of her as the 17 year old babysitter who gets a flat tire while trying to get into the city to pick up her runaway friend, who gets chased by the Chicago mob, sings some Blues, gets rescued by Thor, falls in love with a University of Chicago student and still manages to get back home before the parents. I had the dance in the opening credits memorized "He walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance..."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought she was closer to your age than mine!! We watched that movie a 100 times- I loved it!
Gma Joan

Ms. Mayhem said...

Oh, that is a great song...

Kelly Law said...

Oh man, I loved that movie! Every time I was sick my mom would rent this one and Girls Just Want to Have Fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I must be totally out of it as I have no idea what you are talking about!!! Do you call this a generation gap?!!!! SOS

Ms. Mayhem said...

I had to YouTube it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nly-bfguf4k) Or just search by "Adventures in Babysitting opening sequence" It's worth it.

map said...

She rocked in The Karate Kid.