
We're evaluating insurance plans and trying to determine the most cost effective way to cover baby, Scott and me. We started talking about dental insurance and whether or not you buy a dental policy for an infant? We were both laughing because it seems like a silly question. The child doesn't have teeth so why would you insure them? But then I thought...I better ask all of those experienced parents who read my blog. Do you put an infant on your dental policy from day one or do you add them during the open enrollment period next year? And I thought I was prepared for the baby to arrive!

5 comments:
I think you could hold off for a year...but it's relatively inexpensive so it might be a good idea to get it "just in case". No teeth doesn't mean that can't have/get an injury to the mouth (specifically if you have an early walker) and most daycares want you to list the dentist too. Clear as mud, right?
Hurry up and have the baby already!
She can't have the baby until after our lunch date on Friday, but I suspect she would be completely okay with me bring carry-out to the Hospital for a ladies lunch with baby girl-cdog.
Em- I would not get the insurance. Hold off till you want to take baby C to the dentist. We started to take Cael when he was 2. But this is all a preference of when you want to start to take baby C. Hope this helps.....
I don't think we added Arlo until he was 2 or close to it. Even when they start getting teeth (which for our kids was around 4 months), most dentists don't feel the need to examine those teeth. With Mae, it was a non-issue because we already had the family dental plan.
Post a Comment