I often ask Evy if she would like to go on an adventure. In adult speak "going on an adventure" means that I have no plan and no where to go, but need to get the heck out of the house because the kids are driving me crazy. On Sunday Scott needed to do some work on the boat at the marina so we went along for an adventure. He dropped us off at a playground. We were at the playground for about 3 minutes and then decided to walk across the dam and go to the fossil gorge--about a half mile trek.The damn trail over the dam ended and left me two options to get to the fossil gorge. A) walk my children on a narrow curvy stretch of road for more than a quarter of a mile or B) traverse a very steep hill and traipse through a prairie with a jogging stroller and three year old. Naturally, I chose B. Evy made it down the hill great (the hill is just above Evy's head in the picture). I pulled the stroller up the hill (yes-pulled the stroller up...no pushing was required) as I walked down it. At the bottom of the hill Evy started complaining about the scratchy grass and told me I should have brought the double stroller! From the bottom of the hill to the bench pictured above I pushed the stroller and gave Evy a piggy back ride. After a quick picture to document this craziness we proceed to the fossil gorge. What an adventure!
Monday, July 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I think I would have sat down on the damn dam & called Scott.
Your Unadventurous mom
Oh man, that was an adventure. I'm with your mom!
Your adventure sounds more like a workout to me!! Cute picture of Miss Evy and remember it when she turns 16!! >^..^<
Funny! I've been promising Veda we will go to the fossil gorge on our next trip to Iowa... I will keep this in mind;)
Post a Comment