Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Credit Where Credit is Due


I've been struggling with knee pain on and off for more than 10 years (yes, I know I sound like an 80 year old). In May, I went back into physical therapy because the pain had gotten worse. After 12 weeks of physical therapy and a shot of cortizone I was still at the same level of pain. Along the way my brother, who is a physical therapist, said he thought I had a torn meniscus. My PT brushed that diagnosis off and the M.D. who initally consulted with me also didn't think that was the case. Well, guess what! I had an MRI yesterday and it showed that I have a torn meniscus! I'm waiting to get an appointment with the surgeon and in the meantime have probably just set myself up for hearing, indefinitely, about how brilliant my brother is...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily, I'm sorry about your knee but at least now you know what the problem is. I don't know much about that kind of surgery but hope it can be fixed faily easily.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your brother was right and you have to live with his superiority complex.

Morgan said...

What a smart guy that brother of yours is. His wife must be one lucky lady!

Gma Joan said...

I have 2 really bright children!!
Is there enough space to brag about the grandchildren too...

Amy said...

so sorry to hear about your knee!! what is the recovery time?