Monday, July 12, 2010

Who Doesn't Like Popsicle's?


I was so excited to give Evy her first popsicle. She doesn't get a lot of sweets so I was expecting some major excitement. Maybe even one of her funny "oooooooh's" as she learned about the goodness that is a popsicle. Man, was I disappointed. She took a lick, and said "nummy" but then continued to run around the yard. She could have cared less about the popsicle and I had to beg her to take another lick. I don't think she liked the cold. I had to finish off the strawberry one. We tried again later and Scott had to finish off the orange one. I even bought her brand (see previous post about Edy. Total coincidence by the way).

5 comments:

Kate A said...

Key lines: "I had to finish off the strawberry one." and "...Scott had to finish off the orange one." Oh, did you now? Such sacrifices you make as parents. If we happen to stop over and you and Scott are out on the deck HAVING to finish off a box of popsicles, I'll have nothing but pity for you ;)

Mia is the same way, though - I don't think she likes cold things.

Morgan said...

Jacob was the same way at first. He prefers an ice cream cone to a popsicle, and I am happy to "help" him eat either :)

Dawn said...

Cute!
Emily, I am not doing my Mac webpage anymore, I have converted to blogger! http://jaxsoncarson.blogspot.com

:) Dawn

Makenzie said...

There were kids at my center in Kansas that were the same way. On ice cream days in the summer they just stared at their ice cream sandwich... I mean, come on!! Then we broke it into piece and they could eat it with a spoon, they liked it that way-- but there were still kids who didn't like ice cream... I feel bad for them :)

Melissa E. said...

She just needs some time to get used to it. I'm sure she'll like them eventually. My son can't handle regular popsicles, but he does better with the little ones I make for him that I got with my baby food grinder. They are shorter, and I think that's why he likes them better.

I'm sure it was such a tragedy having to finish them up yourself. ;) The things we do as parents.