Friday, July 16, 2010

Day Trip to Detroit


I'm supposed to be at a conference this week but after 16 hours in airports, 2 canceled flights, 2 delayed flights and a closure of the Detroit airport due to lightening I gave up and came back home. I left home a little before 7 a.m. and returned home around 11 p.m. I was traveling with two of my younger co-workers. Later, they commented that the 16 hour day had been draining on them. Was I exhausted the next day? No. Not really. Even though I spent 16 hours in the airport I got to eat 2 meals with both of my hands and no interruptions. I got to read 2 magazines and a portion of my book. I didn't have to feed anyone, change any diapers or manage anyone's temper tantrums. Come to think of it, it was kind of like a vacation.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Some days work is a nice change of pace! Agreed!

writermom said...

Suddenly, I feel like driving over to the airport for the day....

Anonymous said...

It's all in how you look at it.

Kelly Law said...

That's pretty funny! I was just about to e-mail you to see how CAMMP was, but I guess this answers that question :)

Morgan said...

I'm jealous. Next time can I go with you?!

Rachel said...

I know what you mean, I'm currently on "vacation " without my husband. I think he's the one getting the true "vacation".

Kathy, Todd, Veda, Adele and Winston said...

Um, hello... Why do you think I love my job;)