
This is one of those posts that will probably be boring to everyone else, but the blog is our scrapbook, a way to write down memories that will soon be forgotten. We have fallen into a nice little morning routine. Evy wakes between 6 and 6:30 and repeats Mommy or My Daddy until one of us retrieves her from her crib. She has made no attempt to escape her crib and we plan to keep her in the crib as long as we can. When we enter her room she is always standing, holding onto Elmo and her blanket. Sometimes she says "Upsy Daisy" because she always wants picked up ASAP! Then she tells us "Downstairs." No loitering in her room is allowed. So we grab a diaper and an outfit and head downstairs. At this point she always asks for the other parent. So, we have to go find mommy or daddy to say good morning. After that, we are instructed to head directly to the couch where she requests the "Mope". That means TV remote and she is instructing us to turn on the TV. Evy sits on the couch drinking her milk, watching whatever is on the Disney Channel that morning. It may be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Shaun the Sheep, Special Agent Oso or Handy Manny. She gets so engrossed that we have to turn the TV off if we want to talk to her. Scott and I scurry around the house getting ourselves ready for the day and around 7:20 we are out the door to daycare. A nice routine, sure to change in the blink of an eye...

6 comments:
I get it. You've got it down to a science. Feels good doesn't it?
Miss Evy is one smart cookie!! Never heard of Shaun the Sheep....so, whatever happened to the Angry Beavers and Ren and Stimpy? >^..^<
Ugh, I have a hard enough time getting my self out of bed and ready for the day - let alone getting a child ready, too. How am I going to do this? I have 6 weeks to figure it out!
I think that one day, you'll look back at this entry and be surprised, because you won't remember this little routine. It is so nice that you will have this record, for yourself and your daughter. I use my blog like a scrapbook, too. Already I look back at last year and am astounded at how much my son has changed.
But I think I'm lucky, because my son sleeps until at least 7:00. ;)
Not boring at all, just a beautiful thing :)The "My Daddy" part made me melty...I can only imagine what hearing that does to Scott. What a way to start the morning!
I love little routines like this. The best routines always involve phrases like "upsy daisy".
Post a Comment