
I remember sitting in the car with my dad and my brother waiting on my mom. Always waiting on my mom. Whether it was a family gathering, BBQ or wedding we were going to my mom was always the last one in the car. When she would finally get into the car we would all let out various complaints "Whyyyyy do you take so long? We've been waiting on you for 10 minutes. Sheeeeeezzzzzz." Now, I know why my mom was always the last one in the car. Not only did she have to get herself ready to leave the house she had to get my dad, me and my brother ready (to varying degrees). She had to make sure the dish was prepared, the card was signed and the gift was wrapped. She had to make sure we had sunscreen, or bug spray or whatever array of junk was needed for that particular outing. I'm now always the last one in the car. If you remember this same scene from your childhood apologize to your mother. I apologized to mine today.

6 comments:
LOL. I call my mom all the time to apologize! I feel so bad that I gave her such a hard time!
I forgive you...
Love, mom
what a perfect post. :)
That brought tears to my eyes, I need to call my mom! Thanks. -Andrea
As a mother who has busted a whole lotta a$$ the past two days getting her family ready for our Thanksgiving road trip (which commences shortly), I give this post an AMEN.
And sometimes those last minutes in the house alone before a trip are the only time you (the mom) has to get something done completely unrelated to the trip! A mom's job is never done.
Post a Comment