Tuesday, February 1, 2022

43 is Finally on the Wall


Scott's high school displays photos of all athletes who received All-State honors. During a school tour a few years ago Scott realized his picture wasn't on the wall. We also knew his last name was misspelled in the database that housed the state athletics information. So I decided to get it all straightened out. In November of 2019, I contacted the Des Moines Register to try to get his name updated in the database. After several months I was able to get that corrected. Then I reached out to Washington high school. Then COVID hit and then the Derecho. In late 2021 I reached out again to see how we could get this done. The school's athletic director was very responsive and once I was able to track down a copy of his original All-State photo the school got his photo in the right place on the wall! We surprised Scott with this while we were in Cedar Rapids at one of Evy's basketball games. Mission accomplished!




 

No comments: