Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas "Break"

I was so looking forward to a fun Christmas break with all 3 of the kids at home and no schedules. On the first day of break Evy had her 7 year old check up and Will got his 18 month shots. On the second day of break Evy had an appointment with an eye doctor. On the third day of break we finally had a free day to have fun! We went to the Children's Museum with plans to go to Blue Bird for lunch. But, while we were at the museum Will slid down a slide with Evy and caught his foot, his leg twisted backwards and he would not put any weight on his leg. We immediately went to the pediatrician and X-rays confirmed that he fractured his tibia. UGH! We left the hospital with a cast and a sad little man who could not crawl or walk. The first night at home was rough----he was awake from midnight to 4 a.m. Eventually, he got more comfortable with his cast but he is still incredibly needy....wanting someone holding him constantly. I carried him so much that five days later I was back at the hospital for X-rays for myself! My back went out. I'm in physical therapy and hopefully on the mend. Not the way any of us wanted to spend our Christmas! Poor guy!


No comments: