Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Kindergarten


New dress and new shoes for her special day. She ate a bagel with peach fruit spread. She told me this is what she eats at preschool and really likes it. Breakfast has been an ongoing struggle for us so I consider this a success!


Turns out the emotional part for all of us was saying goodbye to Evy's preschool. Last week Evy got pretty upset at the thought of saying goodbye to her friends. She has attended the same daycare/preschool for 5.5 years and was more upset about leaving them than the thought of starting a new school. Today was a piece of cake! The whole family went to drop Evy off. Parents are not allowed in the school on the first day so instead we waited outside as the kids lined up. There are three Kindergarten classes this year. Evy was first in her line and was near her friends Kathryn and Cade so I think that helped ease her nerves.  



Charlie said she wanted to go with Evy and kept giving her hugs.


And with Evy at school that means we can start taking walks again with the double stroller. I think I burned an extra 100 calories pushing the double stroller, the single is a much easier push! Whew!

1 comment:

Gma Joan said...

Hoping Evy has a fabulous year in kindergarten!