Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Fun

 
I am getting horrible at remembering my camera so once again all of these images were stolen from my brother and sister-in-law. You should have seen how much stuff we had shoved into the mini-van for the holiday weekend. The camera probably wouldn't have fit anyway!
 
Such fun! The girls both participated in a pedal pull. I somehow missed this Midwest rite of passage as I never participated in a pedal pull growing up. Charlie was so cute--sticking her tongue out the entire way.

Evy was pedaling with all of her might!

Keosauqua celebrated it's 175th birthday so Grandma bought all of the kids commemorative shirts.
 

Charlie preferred to sprinkle the food into the animal cages instead of letting them eat out of her hands.

Evy had no problem letting the animals eat directly from her hand.

Slip 'n slide time!



Water balloon fight!



This is what Will did most of the time.

Papa built the kids this playhouse. It has real windows, real shingles, a real light that turns on. It's kind of ridiculous and the kids loved it!
 
We packed as much fun as possible into two days. I don't even have photos of the fireworks, tractor rides, lanterns, glow sticks, fishing, or wood shop projects.

2 comments:

Gma Joan said...

What a fun filled weekend!!
So glad we could all celebrate together!

Gma Sherry said...

What a darling play house - great job Gpa Jake! What a fun weekend - looks like everyone had a blast!!! :)