Sigh. Evy is getting big. Older. More mature. Whatever the word is, she is growing up. Last night at bedtime we sat in her rocking chair, instead of our usual spot on the bed, to read books. I told her we could cuddle and rock while we read. After we finished reading I turned off the lamp and tried to hold her while we rocked and sang like we always have. She couldn't find a comfortable spot. She's too big. This is the first time I've realized she's too big. Sigh. So instead of rocking and singing she sat on my lap and we talked. I asked her lots of questions. She talked. A lot. She told me that she really likes tuna fish sandwiches for lunch at school. She also likes the eggs they give her for a snack. The eggs are big and white but don't have the hard shell on them. She uses lots of hand gestures along with her story. She thinks the yellow part of the egg is the baby. The eggs also have juice. She's not sure what kind of juice. Maybe it isn't actually juice. Maybe it's just slobber she says. She likes music class. Miss Jodi drank a lot of coffee today. The boys at school are mean because they chase the girls. The teachers say, "Boys! Stop doing that!" Evan is the only nice boy. Pocahontas is still with us you know. She's not dead, she lives at Disney. Can we go to the place where Shamu lives? When Charlie is two we can go see the Princesses at Disney. Is that a long drive?
No more rocking with my big girl, but the stories are great!
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i love it!!
sweet pumpkin!
gma Joan
I love this...they grow up way to fast! --Andrea
Post a Comment