Sunday, May 16, 2010

18 Months














Grandma J. once described Evy as super-smart, super-cute and super-strong willed. At 18 months that pretty much sums it up. At her 18 month appointment last week she came in at 32.5" tall (80%), 24.5 lbs (58%), and head 18.75" (85%). Evy still doesn't like going to the doctor, but her doctor had a great idea this time--Elmo and Kitty were examined first. Then, when it was Evy's turn she let the doctor get 95% through the exam before she started crying--and that's a record.

Evy is very active. We spend our time chasing her around the neighborhood as she wanders from one person's garage to another's front step. She loves all of the playgrounds in the area and will go down even the biggest slide all by herself. She likes to push her baby stroller around for 10 seconds, and then push her wagon around for 25 seconds and then drag her trike out for 15 seconds. All of that, for not even 1 minute of entertainment! She has learned to jump and has a 1/2 inch vertical!

Evy is quite the talker, starting to put together little sentences. Most of them come in the form of commands. "Sit down mommy" and "More hotdog" are two of her recent ones. She refers to Dad only as "My Daddy" as though someone else is trying to claim him. She is such a sweet and funny little girl and we get a kick out of her every day.

4 comments:

Gma Joan said...

Love the photos! I stand by my original description!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gma Joan!! I think she boarders on the genius level! I hope you introduce her to music...piano and voice lessons. I think she has a very bright future ahead of her!! >^..^<

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you already have a basketball player with that verticle jump! Becky

Anonymous said...

Sounds like her vertical is already better than her dad's.