Monday, December 14, 2009
We Love You Indy!
I got Scott tickets to the Broncos vs Colts game in Indianapolis for Christmas. It was an early gift as we headed to Indinapolis this weekend to enjoy the game. After sitting through Broncos games in Denver and Chicago where I froze my rear-end off Indianapolis was chosen for a reason...their stadium has a dome!! By kick-off I was sipping a margarita and not wearing a coat! The game also gave us an excuse to check out Indianapolis. We stayed downtown where everything is within walking distance...the stadium, fabulous restaurants, and great shopping. It was 35 degrees with no wind so the walking was great. Saturday night we ate at St. Elmo steak house, an Indy landmark. Our waiter clued us in that we missed Peyton Manning by one night...he usually comes in after games. Darn! Thanks to my Mom and Dad for watching Evy this weekend. We needed a little break from the madness and are happy to add Indy to our list of favorite midwestern cities.
The Bronco's lost (in case anyone is keeping track they have lost all 3 times we've gone to see them), Scott wore his Bronco's jersey and got out of Lucas Oil Stadium alive. My man, Dallas Clark, had 3 touchdowns but don't tell Scott I was cheering for the Colts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am so glad you cheered for the Colts ;-)
My friends are Colts fans- mostly because of the Iowa boys. They went in October and waited for the players to come out- they yelled to Dallas that they were from Iowa and 'Go Hawks' or something and so they got their picture taken with him!! :)
Sounds like a great spot to visit. We loved having Evy!
Gma Joan
now that's something I've never done, sipped on a marg while watching football -love it! Glad u guys had fun!
I knew you would love Indy and the plans you had made. Anxious to talk to you in person. It is also a great place to visit in the summer..their zoo is great. And a great place to take Evy, also. They have the greatest children's museum in the world! Adults have a great time there also. We have been there so many times, we could give a tour. Go Colts!!!! SOS
Back home again in Indiana! I'm glad you loved our town! :)
Post a Comment